Looking for something quick, easy and tasty for lunch or dinner? This Baked Sweet Potato has it all! Either eaten on its own or add to it a chicken breast, salmon fillet or even a steak! It’s absolutely delicious and really easy to prepare. (see my version below as a main meal!)
- 250g Sweet Potato
- 50g Soured Cream
- 1 Spring Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh Parsley, chopped
- 10g Butter
1. Preheat oven to 220c (200 fan), 425f, Gas Mark 7 bake potato for 45-50 mins until cooked through.
3. Combine cream, onion, parsley in bowl (alternatively you can use low fat cream cheese)
4. Split potato, add butter & allow to melt. Top with cream mix.
5. Serve immediately with fresh green salad.
Macro info per serving
Protein 7g, Carbs 55g, Fat 18g, Energy 410kcal
As a main meal……..
Oven bake a 200g medium chicken breast in foil (no fat required) and then allow it to cool slightly.
Mix together 1 tsp wholegrain mustard seed, 1st olive oil and 1 tbsp of cider vinegar.
Slice chicken breast into 4 pieces and place on a plate of raw spinach. Add various other salad ingredients eg. raw carrot, tomato, cucumber or radish.
Place the baked sweet potato on the plate and drizzle with dressing to taste – absolutely delicious and by reducing the sweet potato by 1/3 and adding chicken, the calories increase by 175 kcals, with addition of 44g of protein.